On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 4:49 AM Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
<domi...@greysector.net> wrote:

> Dear developers,
> sorry for a slightly off-topic post, but I've noticed that a significant
> number of posters is sending HTML e-mail to this list (not to mention
> top-replying), which generates unnecessary network traffic. Some people
> pay for every bit downloaded, so they're paying for the same information
> twice, because the e-mails are sent with multipart/alternative format,
> which contains BOTH text/plain and text/html. One thing I noticed those
> senders have in common is that they use Gmail.

The place to fix this is at the listserver. Either bounce HTML emails
like kernel.org does, or strip the HTML. I support the latter but not
the former. It severely limits my participation to have emails bounce.

As for the top and bottom post thing, I agree top posting is annoying
but again, that ship has sailed on mobile. There's no going back, and
I wish this whole debate would just die by us giving up and going with
top posting as the preferred way.

--
Chris Murphy