On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 17:20:02 -0400, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> [ Removed pylast and ovirt-guest-agent emails from Cc. ]
>
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 17:53:03 +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> > Maintainers by package:
> > cachedir             mathstuf
> > cmdtest              salimma
> > genbackupdata        salimma
> > python-cliapp        salimma
> > python-larch         salimma
>
> These are all packages from obnam which is now retired/EOL. I think
> larch and genbackupdata can probably be retired (though maybe others
> find genbackupdata useful?). cachedir is still useful and uses cliapp.
> cmdtest *could* be dropped; it is only used for the testing in cachedir
> (as is pep8), but running the testsuite is nice-to-have.

Talking with Lars Wirzenius, upstream for this stack, he has no interest
in Python3 support for this stack (well, explicitly about cachedir; I'm
assuming about the others) and would prefer a new maintainer for them if
such work were to occur. Should we discuss with other distributions
about doing this or just start the retirement process? Note that Lars is
the Debian packager, so I imagine we can skip that part.

--Ben