On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 7:49 AM Jan Staněk <jsta...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have recently (last week) taken on maintenance of several to-be
> orphaned nodejs packages. Since the packages were not upgraded for a
> while, they are usually a major version behind the upstream release.
> I have started to remedy this, but given the relatively large jump in
> version numbers, there might be issues.

One of the frustrating things with NodeJS packaging in Fedora is that
because of the crazy number of dependencies between NodeJS packages, a
simple version bump in one package could cause a whole cascade of other
packages that need to be updated to newer versions to support that
dependency here.

The right thing to do in this case is to look at each of those packages,
find anything that's dependent upon those packages, and make sure each one
will still work with the newer version of the package.  It's tiresome,
thankless work -- and you often end up getting three or four levels down
the dependency tree before realizing things aren't going to work -- which
is why I've stepped away from packaging up new NodeJS packages for a
while...

--
Jared Smith