> On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 04:17:18PM +0200, Jun Aruga wrote:
> > Podman 1.2 and Docker CE 18.09.5 on My Fedora 30 work for your use case.
> >
> > $ docker --version
> > Docker version 18.09.5, build e8ff056
>
>  This is not what Fedora ships. We have (in F30)
>  docker-1.13.1-67.git1185cfd or moby-engine-18.06.3-2.ce.gitd7080c1.

Yes, it's not what Fedora ships, because I wanted to use below feature
in my use cases.
The docker Fedora ships does not have the feature, but podman has it.

https://github.com/moby/moby/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
> 17.05.0-ce (2017-05-04)
> Allow using build-time args (ARG) in FROM #31352

The rpms/docker will be removed on F31. I guess after F31,
rpms/podman's poman-docker is the new one for the docker command.

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/docker/tree/master
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/podman/blob/master/f/podman.spec#_520

I use both Podman and Docker CE to check compatibilitiies between them
and check Docker CE's new features, reporting it to podman GitHub for
contributions.
I think that it's beneficial that someone does this to know the trend,
not to be isolated from the market's needs.

> What is going on with this very weird, very confusing versioning? The
Fedora version doesn't even look like the upstream date-based version
numbers? Is the Fedora release really just that old?

Yes, the Fedora release is old.
Though I might be wrong, It's because I suppose that docker changed
the versioning and lisence policy at the point of the past time.
Fedora can not ship it because of that.
After F31, you do not see the confusing versioning, because
podman-docker is shipped instead of docker.

--
Jun Aruga / He - His - Him