Dne 16. 05. 19 v 7:58 Samuel Sieb napsal(a):
> On 5/15/19 10:50 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>> Dne 15. 05. 19 v 17:29 Dominique Martinet napsal(a):
>>> Yeah, it used to come with openssl-devel, but got removed very
>>> recently:
>>> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/openssl/c/7a654fc69c499b54f38543ca40f765fbaf9bdf84
>>>

>> This was removed on my request, triggered by this PR [1]. Nevertheless I
>> concur that this should happen just in Rawhide and never be backported
>> into stable releases.
>
> I don't see why this is a problem.  Removing an unneeded build
> dependency from a package shouldn't affect anything else.  That it did
> merely pointed out a bug in the other package where the build deps
> were incomplete.

We lived with this "bug" for years. There is no reason to fix this bug
in stable release just to cause other bugs. And it was obvious it would
broke at least build of Ruby and now it is obvious it did broke not just
Ruby. It would be enough to have to solve this issues in Rawhide.

Also, (not) pulling -devel package into build root might result in some
subtle bugs such as some part of package functionality disabled based on
build configuration, which might went unnoticed, until the package is
released. This is irresponsible.

Vít