Hello,
next week's 3.33.2 release of evolution-data-server, on 2019-05-20,
will contain soname version bumps in libecal, libedata-cal, libebook
and libedata-book. At least unless anything bad happens.

The main change on the calendar part is that there will be used
libical-glib instead of libical, which allows automatic gobject
introspection generation. That turned to be as significant change as it
worth the calendar API change from version 1.2 to 2.0.

The other change on the address book and the calendar parts was about
adding a new argument into some methods, which touches both the C API
and the D-Bus API, thus there is a version bump on the D-Bus service
names as well. [1]

Below is the list of affected packages in Fedora, divided into four
sections:

* Those, which require patching:
    almanah
    bijiben (aka gnome-notes)
    evolution
    evolution-ews
    evolution-mapi
    folks
    gnome-calendar
    gnome-shell
    gnome-todo
    libopensync
    libreoffice
    pidgin-chime
    syncevolution

* Those, which require only rebuild:
    ekiga
    evolution-rspam
    evolution-rss
    glabels
    gnome-contacts
    gnome-phone-manager
    sflphone

* Those, which require patching, but are already retired:
    california
    ffgtk

* Those, which require work:
    elementary-calendar
    wingpanel-indicator-datetime

Any existing patches can be found through [3], which contains also
links to respective merge requests and bugs, filled to let know the
maintainers beforehand.

I will rebuild/apply patches to the packages I've commit rights for.
I'd need help with others. Especially those two elementary-related
packages won't work easily, because they use vala bindings, which they
bundle in the sources, thus there is needed a lot of work. One of the
elementary developers promised me to look on it once the eds is
released.

If you find more packages to be ported and you'd like to help with it,
just let me know.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] This may cause trouble to Flatpak applications, which compile
    against some version of the evolution-data-server (eds) and then
    rely on the host system eds D-Bus services (that applies both
    ways, it won't help to compile against older eds, because the
    Flatpak application won't work on systems with the new eds). Such
    applications can run their own eds services, as shown here [2].
    The advantage of it is to receive also backend-specific fixes in
    their Flatpak application, not only client-side fixes. The
    disadvantage is that the data won't be shared between the
    applications.

[2]
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/blob/master/flatpak/org.gnome.Evolution-stable.json#L258

[3] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/issues/33