On 6/13/19 6:59 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Thu, 2019-06-13 at 13:25 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
On 6/13/19 12:54 PM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
Dne 13. 06. 19 v 11:43 Peter Lemenkov napsal(a):
Hello All!
I've noticed that I cannot build Elixir in Rawhide anymore. It got
stuck at tests and all I've got is a cryptic (at least to me) message:

+ RPM_EC=0
BUILDSTDERR: ++ jobs -p
+ exit 0

See this link for full build log:

* https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/8021/35518021/build.log
* https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=35517975

For comparison here is how successful build log for F-30 looks like
(the same package)

* https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/8987/35518987/build.log
* https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=35518984

Are there any differences between Koji settings for Rawhide and F-30
which we should know about? Selinux, resource constraints etc?

This is wrong (not sure if the culprit)

%endif %{__with_rebar3}

I would rewrite it to:

%endif # __with_rebar3

Actually both are wrong, and rpm >= 4.15 will complain (unlike old
versions). Rpm only supports comments at beginning of line, and this
only ever worked by accident.

Oh dear, that's unfortunate. Because of the lack of indentation,
parsing a nested set of %ifs in spec files has always been difficult,
and adding an end-of-line comment after the %endif to help is
definitely a pattern I've seen in multiple spec files.

I know. While the new warning catched several severely broken usages that actually have side-effects, outlawing innocent comments feels a bit like throwing the baby out with the bathwater in the name of consistency.

It is just a warning though, so there's no need to go mass-removing those comments. We might want to revisit that issue, one way or the other.

        - Panu -