On 17. 06. 19 21:03, Miro Hrončok wrote:
Hello,

When I filed the Python 3.8 [change] for Fedora 31, we knew that the schedule would be tight.

For that very reason, we have not yet started to build for Python 3.8 in a f31 side tag, but instead we've only been doing it in [copr] so far.

The mass rebuild happens on 2019-07-24, according to the Fedora 31 [schedule].
That gives us about 1 month + 1 week to be able to merge the side tag back in case we decide to start building it now.

There are several challenges:

  - there are ~200 build failures that block this, tracked on [bugzilla]
 - further there are about ~300 packages that are blocked by the above, possibly more  - some of the packages are quite crucial to make this happen (tornado, pygobject3)  - the 3.8.0 [releases] have been delayed so far, so continuing the trend, we could very well end up with the first RC just one day before the F31 Final Freeze or even after that (risking 3.8 beta in Fedora 31 GA)

Since there is still no sign of 3.8.0b2 with no explanation on the Python mailing lists and since the Fedora 31 mass rebuild happens in 3 weeks, I'll now edit the change proposal schedule for Fedora 32 and will request the F31 side tag to be closed.

--
Miro Hrončok