> On Wed, 2019-07-24 at 15:48 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 01:32:29PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > > In general there's usecases where a low resource desktop is useful,
> > > such on devices with only 1Gb of RAM where Workstation doesn't provide
> > > a good experience.
> >
> > I definitely agree that there's value in providing for such usecases, but I
> > also think there's value in defining that as outside of Workstation's scope
> > and using another name for that offering -- whether just Fedora XFCE or
> > other.
>
> That's what's proposed here, AFAICS. There doesn't seem to be any
> indication that this would be Workstation-branded. It's just bringing
> up an existing spin on another arch, essentially.

That is correct, there's no intention of branding this as Workstation.
This is purely bringing the XFCE spin as a pre-built image as we do
currently on ARMvv7 or like the live image on x86.

When we promoted ARMv7 there was a requirement of 100% identical or
equivalent artifacts as x86_64, when aarch64 was moved to primary koji
the requirements had changed due to the Fedora.next and the Editions
etc so when we added support for images we only enabled the ones at
the time that made sense so we weren't supporting/generating excessive
images with the intention that it was easy enough to add when either
the Spin maintainers were happy to support their spin on aarch64 or
the Arm team had enough bandwidth and there was enough demand for a
particular image.

Peter