> The reason I'm confused is because AFAIK last time jpackage-utils /
> javapackages-tools also was part of the set of
> packages causingproblems and javapackages-tools was picked up by the
> Stewardship SIG (or so I believe) so I'm
> surprised to see it go away again now.

One of the SIG's 3 reviewers here... I appreciate all the work Fabio and
Miro do (and am looking at making more time to help out on the opening-PR
front as well).

rpms/javapackages-tools (the RPM) was never maintained by us. mizdebsk only
just recently orphaned it. I think what you're thinking of is
modules/javapackages-tools (the module form, which contained other packages).
We picked up a lot of packages shipped in said module (which wasn't made
available in either the ursine or modular buildroots) and maintained them
in their ursine form. One very prominent example is a portion of the
apache-commons-* packages. See [0] and [1] for a complete list of the
overlap.

[0]: https://decathorpe.fedorapeople.org/stewardship-sig.html
[1]:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/modules/javapackages-tools/blob/201901/f/javapackages-tools.yaml

> Anyways I maintain 2 games and a few of their deps in Fedora which rely on
> java, I guess it might be time to
> create a java-games module and move things there.

Please don't randomly modularize things unless you have a great reason
for doing so. Please check with any dependencies you have may have to
see if they're invested in modularizing their packages as well. Consider the
community beyond just your packages.

> Question (not for Fabio specifically, but for the list) modules can have
> (Build)Requires on other modules
> right?

Yes, if the module maintainer is willing to expose their module in the
BUILDROOT. That was PKI's problem: mizdebsk orphaned the ursine packages,
exposed them in a module available only at runtime, and refused to open
it up for build-time use. He wanted us to maintain our own versions of
all of the packages we use that he modularized.

We chose to contribute what additional maintenance time we have to the SIG,
where more than just us can benefit from them. We did not modularize PKI
(in Fedora).