I could introduce Peter into Fedora java packaging.

On 24. 7. 2019 20:03, Peter Boy wrote:

Am 23.07.2019 um 16:08 schrieb Mikolaj Izdebski <mizde...@redhat.com>:

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 1:50 PM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:
On 23. 07. 19 13:27, Mikolaj Izdebski wrote:
Soon after Fedora 31 branching I intend to retire java-packaging-howto
package and orphan byaccj and javapackages-tools packages. The reason
is that I intend to maintain these packages as part of modules.

I will continue to maintain non-modular packages through lifecycles of
Fedora 29-31, but starting from Fedora 32 I will maintain modular
versions only.
Do you realize that while your decision to move essential bits of Java packaging
to modules might untie your hands a lot, it is causing everybody else involved
more and more trouble?
Perhaps I don't realize the trouble, could you elaborate? I expect
orphaned packages to be adopted by someone, likely a member of
Stewardship SIG. These two packages are low-maintenance and don't
require much work - they don't have many upstream changes and don't
get many bugs reported. So I don't see that much trouble in this case.

I acknowledge that it is your right to orphan essentially anything you want,
however the motivation here seems a bit... nonempathetic.

Would you mind to reconsider?
Definitely - this is the reason I wrote to the list. Do you have any
proposal what to do with these packages instead of orphaning them?

Sorry for jumping in. I think this might be an opportunity to participate in
the Fedora Projekt. I’ve a lot of experience in java development and in
creating application rpms, but none in the specialties of Fedora packaging.
Would you accept me as co-maintainer and provide some guidance at the beginning?

Peter

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
—

p...@zes.uni-bremen.de
www.zes.uni-bremen.de

Are you looking for a web content management system for scientific research
organizations?
Have a look at http://www.scientificcms.org

Are you looking for a web content management system for public administrations?
Have a look at http://www.aplaws.org & https://fedorahosted.org/aplaws/

Marián Konček