On 05. 08. 19 16:07, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 29. 07. 19 16:01, Petr Stodulka wrote:
Hi Miro,
thanks for notification. I am thinking about that. From the point, that
Python2 is going to be death... Mabye I would take it, but I am fan of
removing Python2 stuff from Fedora. But Mercurial (hg-git, git-remote-hg,..)
is not compatible with Python3 yet (at least not a version released in
Fedora) but upstream is working on that. From that point, these components
will be updated as well later. So I am thinking whether it makes sense to
take these packages just until Python3-compatible Mercurial will be relased
(v5.0 provides beta support for Python3).
I see that v5.0 is built on OpenSUSE already, so I will look at it later
how does it look like in Fedora rawhide tonight/tomorrow's night.

Hi Petr,

any news on Python 3 mercurial?

Hi Miro,
so I played around and it looks that Python3 mercurial works from the point
of the elementary use (mercurial without extensions). But problem is, that
extensions are broken. Upstream declared that this is one of main problems
of transition to Python3 on which they are working on. It is question
whether there will be fixes for the most used extensions soon or not.
E.g. hgk extension we provide in in sub-package is broken instantly.
Not sure how people use mercurial (I am not fun of hg) so I will start
separate thread to discuss it with more details.

--
Petr Stodulka
OS & Application Modernization