On Wednesday, August 21, 2019 3:10:04 AM MST Ernestas Kulik wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-08-20 at 07:32 -0700, John Harris wrote:
>
> > On Monday, August 19, 2019 2:56:58 PM MST Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> >
> > > the right thing to do  is to suspend on inactivity
> > > in all cases.
> >

> > I don't think it's fair for one person to decide what the "right
> > thing to do"
> > is. This kind of thinking is what leads to things like GNOME's awful
> > defaults.
>

> Free software development is far from being a democracy, so, yes, it is
> absolutely fair for one person to make decisions.
>
> Also thanks for the drive-by shitting on GNOME developers.
>
> --
> Ernestas Kulik
> Associate Software Engineer - Base Operating Systems (Core
> Services/ABRT)
> Red Hat Czech, s.r.o.

That's precisely my point though. If you're not either the one implementing
the change, or paying for the change to be made by somebody else, you don't
get to make the decisions.

As far as GNOME goes, it's not my fault that it's nearly unusable out of box,
to the extent that, at work, we immediately (okay, after a week or so)
manually compiled KDE for our RHEL8 systems, and just installed the packages
for RHEL7 and RHEL6 systems.

In RHEL6 it wasn't too bad, so we still kept it around as an *additional*
option for users there. That isn't really relevant to this thread, of course.

--
John M. Harris, Jr. <joh...@splentity.com>
Splentity