Cassandra has been originally packaged by folks in our team, in the time we had some stakes there. Since then, priorities changed and also people involved are not in our team any more. We tried to keep it packaged in Fedora with reasonable effort, but turned to be too big burden recently (depends on python2, missing java deps).

From that reason, with sadness in my heart, I'd like to announce a plan to orphan the cassandra package in Fedora. So, this is obviously a call for everybody who would like to take it over -- let me know. There is also an idea to build it as a module, which could help us with missing deps, but that would be done later and does not change the plan for orphaning.

Cheers,
Honza