Paul Howarth wrote:
> I use "at" on a regular basis, to schedule large downloads and uploads
> when my ADSL bandwidth becomes unmetered after midnight.
>
> And I like getting the resulting email in the morning showing that all
> went well, or not as the case may be.

No one will prevent you from doing so. Nothing on your end will change.

I get it now - This is the old meets the new.

New: MTA? WTF?
Old: MTA! <3

It is asking a lot for Fedora to be a "one size fits all" distribution.
No one will be happy, so what can the compromise be?

1) Leave as is. Makes MTA-lovers rejoice. Other folks will continue to
yum remove.
2) Remove from comps. Makes Desktop users rejoice. Other folks will yum
install {sendmail,postfix,exim,$MTA}
3) Make Fedora installs separated into "usage-based" comps. Server,
Laptop, Netbook, and Handheld (read MeeGo).