On 27 August 2019 16:29:28 CEST, "Gerald B. Cox" <gb...@bzb.us> wrote:
>Thanks for the offer, but no thanks.  My point is I don't like using
>email
>for forum discussions.  The only reason I'm using it here is that I'm
>being
>forced to because "Development Discussions", "KDE Discussions" and
>"Packaging Discussions" aren't available on the Discourse Fedora
>instance.
>As I mentioned before, I don't like the idea of forum discussions
>clogging
>up my email.  I like accessing Fedora Discussions on my phone using the
>Discourse client.  It's much easier to read threads for me and
>understand
>prior elements of the discussion on Discourse.  Using mail, I have to
>access the archives to read the full thread.

So everyone should stop doing what works for the because you don't like it?

>Seems to me to be a bit weird that Fedora has some discussions on
>Discourse
>but refuses to allow other discussions and mandate those be done via a
>mailing list - especially when Discourse allows a mailing list option.

Please try to understand that the mailing list option isn't an option because
it is not good enough.
Meanwhile what is left is the webUI. So we should all have to use that UI
because that is what works best for you?
Is that the central point of your argument?

>I understand there isn't going to be 100% feature parity, but it should
>be
>good enough - and if it isn't we should be working with the Discourse
>people to improve it rather than just using it as an excuse to not
>moving
>forward.

Before moving forward it is prudent to ensure that at least most of the group
agree what "forward" is.
It seems not everyone agrees that the direction you have chosen is actually
forward.