* vvs vvs [10/09/2019 21:07] :

> I suppose that SIG is a much formal entity than just a bunch of
> individuals performing some non-regular activities.

The PHP SIG is barely more than one person, the Perl SIG has no regular
meeting and the mailing list activity is not representative of the work
being done but thoses SIGS still do the work necessary to keep their
stack in the distribution.

> If that really was that simple then just subscribing to that list
> would be enough to get support for x86 architecture and we wouldn't
> be here.

I think you're confusing cause and effect, here.

We look at Bugzilla stats and mailing-lists activity because
it's (supposed to be) indicative of the work being done. It's a by-product,
not the final outcome. Subscribing to a mailing-list (and even posting
to it) isn't going to improve the packages in the distribution by itself.

Emmanuel