On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 05:50, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kof...@chello.at> wrote:

> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > OK at the moment it looks like we seem to average 311,000 ip addresses
> > per day doing a daily checkin for Fedora. Out of those ~13,400 are
> > x86_32. The majority of the x86_32 are pre-F28 with only about 3400
> > (about 14% of total x86_32 and ~1% of all Fedora users) of them being
> > F28,F29,F30, or rawhide. The opposite is true for the other
> > architectures with the majority running F30, then F29, then F28 and
> > then a thin long tail for everything before that.]
> >
> > Now these statistics are not absolute numbers and could hide all kinds
> > of things.. I would say though that the majority of x86_32 is on
> > versions we no longer support and so we do not need to worry about
> > breaking large numbers of systems.
>
> You are still breaking thousands of systems. (3400 is more than three
> thousands.)

What do you mean by breaking breaking because you use that term like a
sledge hammer for anything from a 'pixel off' bug to 'too old software
is in repos', 'too young software is in repos' , 'software is not in
repos' to 'can't boot'. After a while, I assumed the only way I can't
break a system is to never unbox it.. but I expect there is probably
some way that is also a broken system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DGNZnfKYnU

--
Stephen J Smoogen.