On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 5:17 AM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 17. 10. 19 2:41, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > For example, we might have packages whose buildsystem
> > still relies on Python 2 (WAF?) but doesn't require it at runtime.
>
> We do have them. How does that relate to modularity at all?

That was a representative example. I came up with it at 11pm after a
long day. Don't read too much into the specifics. The point was that
builds may require newer or older software than we have available in
the non-modular buildroot, but don't require them at runtime.

Similarly, the example of "build on Rawhide, run anywhere" was
backwards. I should have said "build on oldest supported Fedora, carry
through".