On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 08:43, Petr Šabata <con...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I do believe we all intend the best, even if we sometimes disagree. We
> currently don’t have any other proposal that would fulfill the vision
> of our Objective and the needs of our users. The input here helps us
> re-focus on the most acute pain points but the manpower and control we
> have is also rather limited. If you want to and can help with the
> implementation, I’d like to encourage you to do so.

One of the reasons why a lot of the complaints have been narrow comes
down to a modified saying 'it is hard to remember that you were
originally trying to cross a swamp for a party when you are up to your
neck in alligators and snakes." [I am avoiding the original to try to
escape derailing the conversation on apropos of it etc.] Basically, it
isn't clear what the Objective or why it is important to anyone
outside of the snake bites and crocodile lunges we are dealing with
the tools.

1. Not everyone agrees that they want to go to the party.
2. Not everyone remembers there was a party or what it is?
3. Not everyone is sure this is actually heading towards the party and
not to the swamp monsters lair
4. Everyone is tired of the constant snakes, swamp fungus, and each
other when they were safe back at home 2-3 releases ago.

So what is the party? Why is this party important that we all have to
go? Why aren't we going the long way to the party? etc. I know that
the leaders of the expedition are tired of telling us this, but it
needs to be done.. but a distribution is a social agreement between
people. Communicating between members why we think we want to get to
the party is important.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.