On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 4:24 PM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Easy is subjective. I don't consider this easy. I consider it seriously
> overcomplicated. The idea that going modular will somehow help with current
> problems in modularity is exactly what happened to eclipse.

No, what happened to Eclipse is that the maintainers of maven and ant
ran ahead without asking for input, created an environment that caused
problems for Eclipse and Eclipse got backed into a corner.

As for overcomplicated, I think we can simplify it quite a lot, but I
think I'm doing a poor job of explaining it over email. Perhaps we
could do a Google Hangout tomorrow and discuss it real-time?

> I'm not going to do this. I guess that after the RHEL 8 experience, neither
> are
> the remaining Python maintainers.

Please defer judgement until we've talked out the whole idea. That's all I ask.