On 15. 11. 19 2:18, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Stephen Gallagher wrote:
Modular packages without defaults makes sense if they have
dependencies on a non-default stream. For example: ReviewBoard depends
on the Django:1.6 stream because of complicated upstream reasons. I
have to choose between "modular without a default stream" or "not
available on Fedora", because we have agreed on a prohibition on
default streams with dependencies on non-default streams.

The right fix would be to package Django 1.6 as a parallel-installable
compatibility package instead. I don't see why I cannot install ReviewBoard
together with another Django web app on the same web server (without
containers/VMs). (Admittedly a hypothetical example because I am running
neither ReviewBoard nor another Django app on a server I maintain. I also do
not run Fedora on a server. But if I were faced with this issue as a server
administrator, I would curse loudly at Fedora and switch the server to a
distribution that does not get in my way that way.)

And I would use pip or pipenv to do this. Obviously, people have different workflows and different opinions. However, since neither me or you use ReviewBoard, but it also stays out of our way, why don't we focus on the problem at hand and leave non-default modular streams exist?

--
Miro Hrončok