On 11/18/19 3:40 PM, Gerald Henriksen wrote:
On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 13:37:39 +0100, you wrote:

Fabio Valentini wrote:
Or is it time for a "tabula rasa" and restart the SIG?

IMHO, yes. Kick out the 1 or 2 Modularity fundamentalists that form the
current remains of the Java SIG and create a new Java SIG from scratch that
actually cares about packaging Java properly in and for (non-modular)
Fedora.

Great, you eliminate the remaining members of the Java SIG (those who
didn't go running away because forcing Java stuff into RPMs was too
painful).

I've seen statements like this multiple times and I don't understand it. As far as I understand modularity, you're still creating rpms, so what's the difference? I'm just hoping for a simple answer here, not wanting to create another long thread like the other ones.