On Monday, December 9, 2019 9:50:30 PM MST Chris Murphy wrote:
> By all means keep doing what you are doing, however it works best for
> you and the use cases you care about. I do not find your contribution
> in this discssion constructive. It's emotional, opinionated,
> demanding, stubborn, and lacks facts, diversity, persuasion, and
> logic.

Would you rather require that every Fedora installation is re-installed from
scratch to be able to support a few hundred megabyte initramfs with an entire
desktop environment shoved into it?

This just doesn't make much sense. How many users do you believe legitimately
change their system-wide keyboard layout often enough to require that kind of
infrastructure in a pre-boot environment? If it's less than once an hour, we
can just rebuild initramfs for their selected keyboard layout. Most users,
just like most American and UK users, set their keyboard layout to their
primary layout, and then don't change it, unless it's to try out Dvorak,
Colemak, or another alternative keyboard layout for a bit, at which point they
can change their system-wide layout to that and rebuild initramfs.

--
John M. Harris, Jr.
Splentity