On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 7:22 PM Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com> wrote:

> Greetings.

Hi Kevin,

> I just thought I would share a short status update on koji builders with
> everyone. As many of you know, we like to keep the Fedora koji builders
> on the current most recent stable Fedora release. This is to make sure
> we have compatible rpm, etc to build rawhide and all our stable updates.

> TLDR summary: All Fedora koji builders are now on Fedora 31 and are
> using only python3 (the hub is still python2 however).

That's great news, thanks for the update, and for keeping fedora infra
running smoothly! :)

> Due to a bug in the linux kernel on armv7, we never upgraded to Fedora
> 30 when it was released, so builders stayed on Fedora 29 for the last
> cycle. Happily that bug was tracked down and fixed and I have been
> moving them to Fedora 31 for the past month or so.
>
> Normally it doesn't take to long to reinstall everything (Thanks
> ansible!) but this time it's been a longer road due to: New aarch64
> hardware that needed racking/cabling/setup (many thanks to Smooge for
> getting this done), firmware updates for most all hardware, RHEL8
> reinstalls for virthosts that run buildvm's, and many other items.
>
> We still have pending:
>
> * Some more aarch64 hardware to bring online early in the new year.
> * A bug around armv7 buildvm's with more than 24GB memory. While thats
> being investigated all the buildvm-armv7 instances have just 24GB
> memory.
> * A bug around power9 hosts, causing our cloud/container image builds to
> fail. This was thought fixed, but doesn't seem to be yet.
> * Daily db dumps still cause slowness, likely in the new year we will
> schedule an outage and patition the problem tables.

> A few stats:
>
> 155 total enabled builders
>  47 x86_64 builders
>  32 ppc64le builders
>  32 aarch64 builders
>  27 armhfp builders
>  24 s390x builders

Side note: Considering that there are comparatively few armv7hl
builders, I wonder why a rather big share of my noarch builds gets
scheduled to run on them. Naively, I'd think that armv7hl should be
busy doing builds for "archful" stuff since they're the slowest
builders and there are the fewest of them, except for s390x.
Since most of the noarch stuff I do for fedora nowadays is Java
(*sigh*), these Java-on-arm builds are rather slow. Maybe that's bad
luck, or maybe the task scheduler hates me :)

Fabio