On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 3:24 PM Tom Stellard <tstel...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12/20/2019 03:33 AM, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> > Le jeu. 19 déc. 2019 à 22:44, Ben Cotton <bcot...@redhat.com> a écrit :
> >>
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Use-Update-Alternatives-For-usr-bin-cc
> >>
> >> == Summary ==
> >> Modify the gcc package so that the /usr/bin/cc and /usr/bin/c++
> >> symlinks are managed by update-alternatives.
> >>
> >> == Owner ==
> >> * Name: [[User:tstellar| Tom Stellard]]
> >> * Email: <tstel...@redhat.com>
> >>
> >> == Detailed Description ==
> >> The gcc package currently installs symlinks to /usr/bin/cc and
> >> /usr/bin/c++ which point to /usr/bin/gcc and /usr/bin/g++
> >> respectively.  For this change, the gcc package will be modified so
> >> that update-alternatives creates and manages these symlinks.
> >>
> >> In addition to modifying the gcc package, the clang package will be
> >> modified so that /usr/bin/clang and /usr/bin/clang++ can be used as
> >> alternatives for /usr/bin/cc and /usr/bin/c++.  The clang alternatives
> >> will have a lower priority than the gcc alternatives, so that by
> >> default, gcc will provide the /usr/bin/cc and /usr/bin/c++
> >> implementations.
> >>
> >> The clang package currently has a run-time dependency on gcc, so this
> >> ensures that gcc will always provide the default implementation,
> >> because it's impossible to install clang without gcc.
> >>
> >> The only way users will be able to change the /usr/bin/cc or
> >> /usr/bin/c++ implementations will be by explicitly using the
> >> update-alternatives tool.
> >>
> >> == Benefit to Fedora ==
> >> Many build systems default to using /usr/bin/cc and /usr/bin/c++ as
> >> the default C/C++ compilers.  Being able to easily swap out these
> >> implementation will provide a lot of flexibility within Fedora for
> >> doing things like:
> >>
> >> * Setting up alternative buildroots for testing.
> >> * Installing a gcc wrapper script to /usr/bin/cc to help migrate
> >> packages to new compiler flags or to capture statistics about compiler
> >> usage.
> >> * Letting users experiment easily with alternate compilers.
> >> * Easily switch between system gcc and a development version of gcc.
> >>
> >> == Scope ==
> >> * Proposal owners: The proposal owner will implement the necessary
> >> changes in the gcc and clang packages.
> >>
> >> * Other developers: The gcc maintainers will be responsible for
> >> reviewing and approving changes to the gcc package.
> >>
> >> * Release engineering: (a check of an impact with Release Engineering is
> >> needed)
> >> * Policies and guidelines: No policies or guidelines will need to be
> >> updated as a result of this change.
> >> * Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
> >>

> >> == Upgrade/compatibility impact ==
> >> This change should not impact upgradeability.
> >>
> >> == How To Test ==
> >> CI tests will be added to the gcc package to ensure that /usr/bin/cc
> >> and /usr/bin/c++ still point to /usr/bin/gcc and /usr/bin/g++ when
> [...]

Since Koji 1.18, you can set macros on a Koji tag, which would
influence the settings of the package build underneath it. If your
mass building is done in a Koji instance, that's a way to do it.
Alternatively, if you have an Open Build Service instance, you can set
the macro at the OBS project level, import all the Fedora sources, and
watch it rebuild with a different compiler automatically.