On 23. 12. 19 1:23, John M. Harris Jr wrote:
On Sunday, December 22, 2019 4:56:52 AM MST Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 22. 12. 19 12:01, John M. Harris Jr wrote:

On Sunday, December 22, 2019 3:11:51 AM MST Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
wrote:

1 was rejected because there was no hope for a python3 port because of
lack of development.

This is exactly the scenario that makes no sense to deny. If the package
is still maintained, regardless of lack of changes to the software, why
simply throw out working software?

Because the maintainers of its dependencies won't maintain them just for a
decade old dead software. Please, stop spreading this FUD about FESCo
outright denying requests for Python 2 exceptions. In a half year old
thread about a package that was retired 4 months ago because it wasn't
installable - with coordination from the maintainer.

So long as Python2 remains installable, I don't see why you feel the need to
rip it out of the distro.

Because the maintainers of the Python 2 packages don't want to maintain them past Python 2 EOL. That includes me.

This is not the first time I'm answering this question to you. You seem to ask it again and again. May I suggest you write the answer down and look it up next time you have the tendency to ask again? That should prevent us to do this over and over again.

--
Miro Hrončok