> The `peek` package has been approved in Fedora repositories [1], but it
> doesn't even start without ffmpeg installed [2], which is not
> distributed in Fedora repositories (but is available in rpmfusion):

Why we should drop such useful app just because it doesn't work on Cinnamon? It
works on GNOME without ffpmeg and rpm fusion repo, see screenshot [1].

> The peek specfile contains a `Recommends: ffmpeg >= 3`, which is rather
> confusing... I think this package should never have passed the review
> process! It should really stay in rpmfusion repository.

OK, this should been fixed. There was a proposal for this but it not passed
https://pagure.io/packaging-committee/issue/914

> Is this something allowed? Should I file a ticket against the package or
> against fedora-infra to suggest its retirement?

App works on GNOME. I can add hard dependency: gnome-shell in this case if you
think this is better rather then installing ffmpeg.

[1] https://i.imgur.com/V5rSBiP.png