On Tue, 2020-01-14 at 05:21 -0500, Josef Ridky wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Does anyone know, how can I obsolete modular version of package?
>
> TL;DR
>
> I have one package (gimp) that is now available as RPM and Module at the same
> time in Fedora.
> Due of modular version makes issues to users during system upgrade, I've
> decided to remove (obsolete) modular version of gimp and keep the RPM version
> only.

Thank you,
without my knowledge my machine had acquired the modular version of
gimp, and wouldn't upgrade. I had to debug and finally remove the gimp
module and other things to be able to do a system upgrade.
The experience was annoying.

Not your fault, I think modularity is still very immature when it comes
to upgrades, so it shouldn't be used yet for very popular packages of
Fedora Workstation IMO.

> Question is, How can I set new RPM build to be the replacement for
> the modular one?
> Especially, is it possible, when someone with modular gimp installed
> types `dnf upgrade gimp`, that command will remove modular gimp and
> installs new RPM instead?

Even if modularity does not allow this I hope a scriptlet can be
generated that could deal with this as a final module upgrade...

> Regards
>
> Josef Ridky
> Software Engineer
> Core Services Team