> For what it's worth, I never got the promised notification for my Coprs.
> The legacy chroots are just gone forever with no warning whatsoever.

I am truly sorry to hear that. I am afraid, that there is no way to recover
those data. Thank you for reporting it though, I have investigated the
issue and did as much as I could to prevent it from happening in the future.

I wrote some unit tests for the feature and more importantly
added a constraint, so we won't remove any chroot, that we haven't sent
a notification email about. I have also found a possible cause of the issue,
so I temporarily disabled the feature.

Tests, fix, and explanation in https://pagure.io/copr/copr/pull-request/1229

Jakub