* Miro Hrončok:

> On 22. 01. 20 13:12, Aleksandra Fedorova wrote:
>> I think that it would be more productive if you try to rationalize this
>> opinion.
>> I don't want to argue about the feeling you have, but I would be
>> interested in comparing notes on what exactly "Gerrit workflow" means
>> to you, and whether or not it is the same thing to me.
>
> Note that I don't describe an experience with a workflow. I am
> describing a drive by contributor experience:
>
> 1. you send a Pull Request over a familiar channel
> 2. a bot tells you that you cannot do this and you need to follow this
> tutorial instead
> 3. you push your code to some place that is far to overocmplicated to navigate
> 4. magic happens, there is no way to see what's going on unless you
> have experienced this before
> 5. you get dozens of bot e-mail you don't understand
> 6. eventually hopefully the bot merges the thing

Does that really matter for src.fedoraproject.org and the current
dist-git model?

Even if you want to make a really simple change (such as fixing a typo
in the --help message), src.fedoraproject.org will not show you the file
you need to edit, or provide you with tools to produce a patch/commit to
submit.

The Github model is different: you would just click on the šŸ–‰ button,
make your change, add a description, and click ā€œPropose file changeā€.
But even if we switched src.fedoraproject.org to Github, this would only
work for RPM spec file changes.  You would still not be able to edit the
--help message directly.  That's why I think that there is little risk
of random drive-by contributions: people just won't find a place to make
the changes they want.  (The potential FPCA issue I raised separately
still exists, though.)

Thanks,
Florian