On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 at 08:03, Neal Gompa <ngomp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 6:40 AM Iñaki Ucar <iu...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 23:23, Leigh Griffin <lgrif...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I suspect that a bulk of our users are similar to you. Given that you are
> > > engaged on the thread (thank you!) what is your day to day needs? What
> > > features are part of your usage and interaction? What's missing or what
> > > would you like to see added? Your voice here can help represent that
> > > group and is most welcome.
> >
> > I'd say that if you manage to accommodate the more complicated
> > workflows, the basic one is covered. Beyond that, I really like the
> > table that is displayed in src.fp.o for every package, because in a
> > single glance you can tell which one is the stable version and the
> > version in testing for every release. I really like the links to Koji,
> > Bodhi... integrated just above the table. And I really really like the
> > Fedora Packages app, but it seems to be dead.
> >
> > In summary, package maintainance has many pieces (dist-git, builders,
> > update system, bugzilla, QA, CI...), and a "control panel" like Fedora
> > Packages is very useful, I think.
> >

> The Packages app was being rewritten by Miroslav Suchy:
> https://github.com/xsuchy/fedora-packages-ng
>
> I don't know if it's ready yet to replace the existing one, though.

I don't know what the status of the replacement is, but when I go to
Packages, 50% of what I look for is missing and 50% is just wrong.
This is less than useless. Any prospective Fedora user won't even
bother installing it if they can't find out whether their favourite
application is available. We might as well just turn Packages off.

So if the rewrite can do basically anything, it's probably an
improvement. I'm sorry to be so harsh to the existing app, but it's
basically of negative benefit to Fedora right now.

--
Elliott