On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 10:57:26 -0700
"John M. Harris Jr" <joh...@splentity.com> wrote:

> On Monday, February 10, 2020 10:53:45 AM MST Jared K. Smith wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 3:30 AM John M. Harris Jr
> > <joh...@splentity.com>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > As for the software available, that's called choice. I know
> > > it's a relative unknown in the GNOME world, as one option is
> > > shoved down everyones' throat, but it's a key part of the KDE
> > > ideology, as well as GNU/
> > > Linux itself.
> >
> > John, it's obvious from your posts in this list that you're not a
> > fan of GNOME.  I'd kindly ask you to please refrain from attacking
> > GNOME, especially when the discussion at hand isn't about GNOME
> > itself.  It's not in keeping with the "be excellent to each other"
> > spirit that Fedora likes to keep in its mailing lists.
> >
> > --
> > Jared Smith
>
> An observation is not an attack. What I said about GNOME is simply
> true, and is commonly considered a good thing by GNOME developers on
> this list. I just don't agree with that, and thus far there is no
> rule against disagreeing with the GNOME mindset.

No dog in this fight, so I'll probably get my just desserts for butting
in, but even if what you said about gnome is true, the way you stated
your viewpoint would be considered hostile and attacking by an unbiased
bystander.  Me, for instance.  There was no need to throw in the put
down of gnome.  You could have just said, "... called choice, one of
the basic principles of GNU / Linux.