Hi,

It has been a pleasure for me to be a part of and help lead the
EPEL steering committee for the last couple of years. It has not
always been smooth sailing but I have found it an enjoyable experience.

However, as you may know the Fedora project will be moving to a
different data-center later this spring (from Phoenix to northern
Virginia). Being involved in the planning and implementation of this
project, I do not think that I will be able to give EPEL the time
investment it deserve for the next 6 to 9 months. With EPEL-8 still
ramping up and the various opportunities with modularity, I do
not think it is a fair that EPEL suffers from this lack of time.

As such, I would like to step down as chair/member of the steering
committee and nominate Troy Dawson as my replacement. Troy formerly
worked on Scientific Linux and has worked on OpenShift and other
projects at Red Hat for the last several years.  It is clear he has a
good eye on the concerns and problems enterprise users have. Recently,
Troy helped get the initial RHEL-8 and EPEL-8 out the door with
multiple builds and updates to various macro files.

Once the move is completed and the close down of the old site is done,
I look forward to getting involved again in EPEL.