Yes is there someone with more knowledge on this who could say what the
right procedure is for this case?  If I do need to use a different name
package name, would I at least be able to have 'Provides: vault' in it?
I don't think there's a precedent yet for this package in other Linux
distros so I would try to get an agreement with upstream on what the
packaged name should be.

I did find that someone else has begun working on Fedora packaging for
this, in
    https://pagure.io/vault-stack-fedora/blob/master/f/vault

Dave