Hi,

There are 3 topics for the Fedora Medical SIG in this email.

## Creating RPM group: medical-sig

I would like to add "medical-sig" to the RPM groups that is listed on
the page below.
https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/groups
Someone do you know how to create the group?

## Including bio-tech to Medical SIG

Seeing the SIG's wiki page, right now Medical SIG is for
Doctor/Dentist's healthcare system specific.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/FedoraMedical

I want to update the Medical SIG's wiki page including bio-tech,
biology content.
In my opinion, a challenge for the medical, biology communities is the
sustainability.
Each medical and bio package maintainer in Fedora tends to manage
their RPM packages in individual level.
I want to make the Medical SIG the inclusive place the place to
communicate and work collaboratively for the RPM packages.

A good role model for the concept of Medical SIG is Debian Med team.
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed
> The Debian Med project prepares packages that are associated with medicine,
> pre-clinical research, and life sciences. Its developments are mostly focused
> on three areas for the moment: medical practice, imaging and bioinformatics.

I want to adapt the concept to Fedora Medical SIG.

https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/
Biology is the sub category of the Medical in the Debian Med project.

Well, for example working for creating a yogurt that has a strength
for the disease sequencing the yogurt bacteria genome is not medical.
But aligning with Debian Medical project is still meaningful for me.

Any thoughts?

## Promotion!

If you are interested in Medical/Biology, please join us to Medical SIG!
It's a very moderate traffic group right now.

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/medical-...@lists.fedorahosted.org/
=> Manage subscription

Cheers,
Jun