On su, 15 maalis 2020, Guido Aulisi wrote:
Hi,

I’m going to ask a FESCo exception for python2 for package ardour5.
Python2 is only needed to build the package using the WAF build system.

Ardour has been undergoing a complete rewriting for 2 years, no stable versions
have been released in the last 2 years,
so we are stuck with ardour 5.12, which still uses python2 to build.

What do you think about that?

Just package git master in Rawhide. It has been migrated to waf 2.0.19
two months ago and builds just fine in Fedora 32 environments with
Python 3 only.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer