On Thu, 2020-03-26 at 17:11 +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> On 26. 03. 20 17:07, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> > >
> > > Can this please happen rather sooner than later?
> >
> > I've built openssl-1.1.1e-2.fc33 with the EOF handling change
> > reverted
> > today.
> >
> > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1482948
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> > > The list of (likely) affected packages is growing:
> > >
> > > https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/affected-by/openssl-libs?epoch1=1&version1=1.1.1d&release1=7.fc33&epoch2=1&version2=1.1.1e&release2=1.fc33&collection=f33
> > >
> > > It shows that this does not only break Python's own test suite,
> > > but
> > > various
> > > Python packages are failing as well (incl. python-pip).
> > >
> > > This blocks the testing rebuilds with Python 3.9.0a5 (reporting
> > > way
> > > too many
> > > unrelated FTBFSes).
> >
> > Unless OpenSSL upstream decides otherwise we will however have this
> > issue later in Fedora 33 development when the rebase to 3.0
> > happens. Of
> > course the rebase to 3.0 will be disruptive in more ways and so it
> > should be done in a side-tag first.
>
> Do you have at least a rough estimate for when should we expect this?
>
> E.g. is it going to be after mid-May or before?

I have to say that the schedule of the OpenSSL 3.0 release is a little
bit conflicting with the F33 schedule. However I should be able to have
a rebase to a beta version of OpenSSL 3.0 prepared at the end of June.

Of course depending on the problems with the dependent package rebuilds
in the side-tag we will see if the 3.0 would be viable for the Fedora
33 at all.

--
Tomáš Mráz
                                              Turkish proverb