On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 12:02:40PM -0400, Robbie Harwood wrote:
> Stephen Gallagher <sgall...@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Please see the newly-updated
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ELN_Buildroot_and_Compose
> > for more details[1].
>
> This page states:

[..]

> > Post build result to Fedora Messaging, so that it appears in Bodhi and
> > can be used as a gating test.
>
> So regular package updates are going to be gated on ELN.  This doesn't
> sound like something non-RHEL maintainers will want.  What am I missing?

"Can be used as a gating test" is different from "will be used for gating".

What this line says is that the results from the tests will flow in with all the
other test results and as very every tests at the moment, the packager
maintainers can chose to gate on some tests or others, or chose not to gate
their packages at all.

Pierre