On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 9:03 AM Leigh Scott <leigh123li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Aren't external kernel modules banned by fedora packaging rules?

My recollection (from some time ago) was there was
a process to request a (short term) exception to
allow one to ship a kernel module if the kernel
module developer (not the packager) would
document the plans (and commit) to upstreaming
with a reasonable date attached.  I don't recall such
a process being used any time recently, and I am
not even sure the process is still considered
operational (lots of policies get retired).

RPMFusion, of course, does ship kernel modules,
so there is that if someone wants to go that route.