----- Original Message -----
> From: "Daniel P. Berrangé" <berra...@redhat.com>

Agreed on the toxicity and negativity, but I still think it is important
to get a sense of everyone's thoughts, not just those of us who participate
in this thread.

> Going for a formal vote on this topic would not be a good step at this
> point in time, as the issue is far too emotive & raw. A vote will serve
> to crystalize division instead of healing it & we need to consider what
> is viable, as voting for something that can't then be delivered is even
> worse.

I wasn't suggesting a formal vote. I was suggesting a survey, using an
existing mechanism. We could also use Google forms (like Modularity did),
but that'd make the results less visible and some people don't like
Google. Also, the voting mechanism ties into FAS ID's and has restrictions
on who can participate (users with two different groups right?). It'd be
hard to enforce something similar with Google forms.

> IMHO there needs to be a general cooling off period, followed by a fresh
> look at what the realistic options available to Fedora are, given the
> current decisions that have been made & the resources available to the
> project[1]. We need to be positive & constructive if we're to make any
> progress, and get out of the negative blame game we're in right now.

I think we need to involve everyone who CPE works with in one forum,
otherwise we'll likely arrive at maintaining two separate projects,
one just for Fedora and one for CentOS and Red Hat. Perhaps that is
what is best though, who knows.