On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 at 11:29, Richard W.M. Jones <rjo...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 08:53:38AM +0200, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
> > I agree, if this would not happen then everything would just blow up.
>
> Wouldn't the lower NVR builds simply be ignored?

The merging a side tag is not considering NVRs but the date the build was
done. Bodhi just checks if a there is a more recent build in the rawhide
buildroot, if that is the case it does not try to be too smart about it and
let a human find out what is the best thing to do :-).

The logic was taken from how releng is merging side tag, the human part of
finding out what needs to be done was then I guess done by a release
engineer.