On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 17:28, clime <cl...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> > > and lines like this:
> > >
> https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/rpmautospec/blob/3c208f17329940977cbe1552f3d1bbee35014f93/f/rpmautospec/tag_package.py#_53
> > > are not needed?
> >
> > This is not involved in the computation of the next release value.
> > So, do we use the build history of the package to predict the next
> release
> > value? Yes.
> > Do we pull this information from the build system? No,
>
> So where do you pull that information from originally? Milky way?

clime, you are being needlessly antagonistic and constantly using words
which come across as a personal attack. Do you want answers or do you want
a fist-fight?  Because the rest of this email which I cropped the previous
emails come across like someone who really is looking for a fight to pass
the time versus anything else.

If that isn't what you are wanting, then please look at how you are making
it so no one wants to work on your idea in the first place. Pointing out
holes in differing definitions in a language as inarticulate as English
does not tend to make people drop the work they have been doing for months
for your idea.

In the end there is a team of 4+ people who have been working on a
different project for a while and came up with a solution to a problem you
don't agree with. However they have also been working on this for months by
the time you came into this and asking them to change at this point
requires more work than a bunch of ill tempered emails pointing out that
you both learned English differently. In the end, the problem trying to be
solved is a 'business problem' versus an algorithmic problem in that there
is no one true answer any more than there is one true editor that can
satisfy both vi and emacs people.

At this point if you want a different solution, you need to write said
solution at least in prototype format and show that it solves the issues
better than the one that has been worked on.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.