On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 9:14 AM Pierre-Yves Chibon <pin...@pingoured.fr> wrote:

> On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 02:51:03PM +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> > On 12. 05. 20 8:49, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > > Finally, does everyone agree about the original request: "remove all
> > > maintainers
> > > of retired packages"? Or should we bring this to FESCo?
> >
> > If the procedure is "remove all maintainers if all branches are retired or
> > EOL" than yes, this is a good thing. However, not sure if worth spending
> > energy on. What are the benefits over status quo?
>
> Someone asked us to look into this, so I did, briefly.
> I am also very happy to close the ticket as "Won't fix" and move on :)

I think we should orphan the packages, for couple of reasons:

1. It's easier to find orphaned packages compared to retired packages
2. When we unretire, we will give the package to the requestor, but it
might still leave the non-main maintainers (which I think is wrong?)

I know you already mentioned - The script checks *all* branches in PDC
and ensure that they are all "active=False", this is very important
and please re-verify, as we dont want to orphan EPEL only packages as
well as packages that are still being maintained in released branches
but retired in rawhide.

Thanks.