On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 10:11 PM John M. Harris Jr <joh...@splentity.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 12:17:08 PM MST Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 2:49 PM John M. Harris Jr <joh...@splentity.com>
> > wrote:

> > > I'm not sure this one makes any sense to include. The obvious answer is
> > > "Fedora takes precedence". This is about Fedora, after all, not RHEL.
> > > That
> > > might be a good question for Red Hat to think about internally, for the
> > > RH
> > > employees in FESCo, but that's it.
> >

> > If the consensus from the Fedora community is that RHEL should shift
> > development elsewhere, the Fedora Council can always reach out to me
> > and I can start that internal conversation.  I do not believe for a
> > second that's actually the consensus though.  Fedora and RHEL are
> > symbiotic in so many ways that it is naive to believe Fedora is
> > somehow self-contained and RHEL gets no value from it or has no impact
> > on it.
>
> That's not what I'm getting at at all. Please allow me to clarify, that seems
> to have come off in a different way than I intended. When making decisions for
> Fedora, whatever is in favor of Fedora should take priority. If something is
> *also* beneficial to RHEL, that's excellent. But if Fedora would be made worse
> by a given change, or the lives of Fedora developers made more difficult for
> benefit only to RHEL, it clearly makes no sense to have that in Fedora. If
> Fedora is neither positively nor negatively effected, and it can make things
> easier over in RHEL land, that's also great!

So, you're basically proving my point that this question should be
answered by the FESCo candidates...

What you basically state here is that you view the role of FESCo as
being required to always represent Fedora's needs in precedence to Red
Hat's needs. That is a *valid* position for someone to take. It is,
however, not the position that all potential candidates might take.
Which is why it is a fascinating and highly-relevant question to ask
them.