On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 12:42:15PM +0200, Antonio Trande wrote:
> Shortly (Martin is in Cc to confirm):
>
> 1) Make a module:
>
> $ fedpkg clone cmake3
> $ fedpkg request-repo --namespace modules --exception cmake3-latest
> $ fedpkg request-branch --namespace modules --repo cmake3-latest epel8

This will request for creating "cmake3-latest" module and "cmake3-latest"
repository and "epel8" stream and "epel8" branch. I don't know if you really
want to create "cmake3-latest:epel8" module stream.

In Fedora, a name of a module must match the name of the repository, and
a name of a stream must match the name of the branch.

(Technically, it's possible to diverge, but Fedora's infrastructure enforces
it.)

If what you want is "cmake3:latest" module stream, then you need:

$ fedpkg request-repo --namespace modules cmake3
$ fedpkg request-branch --namespace modules --repo cmake3 latest

Also please note that modules undergo a review. So for a new module, you need
an approved review first and the "--exception" argument should not be used.

-- Petr