Am 30.05.20 um 09:36 schrieb Chris Murphy:

> It's a security risk that is incompatible with having UEFI Secure Boot
> enabled.
>
> The entire point of UEFI Secure Boot is to ensure cryptographic
> verification that the kernel you're running is in fact a Fedora built
> and signed kernel. Since resuming from hibernation completely replaces
> memory contents with that of the image, if the hibernation image isn't
> cryptographically signed too, it's an attack vector that permits
> arbitrary code execution, including even in the kernel.

Anything you put unencrypted on a disk, is insecure. If you don't run
full disk encryption, nothing stops an attacker from simply change
whatever he likes on disk right away. If the system hibernates and you
boot the device with a different OS => change what ever you like.

Booting a signed kernel does not change that.  And in an attempt  to not
strech this again, we had this discussion for FDE already in the systemd
homed tree.

best regards,
Marius