On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 10:25 AM Jonathan Wakely <jwak...@fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> ceph was not in my list, because it isn't returned by the first query
> shown at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/F33Boost173#Dependencies
>
> Does it actually depend on any libboost_*.so libraries, or just use
> the header-only libraries? If it only uses the header-only parts it
> doesn't necessarily need to be rebuilt (there won't be broken deps
> when the previous boost release gets replaced in the rawhide repo,
> although it's possible that other things that link to ceph or that
> ceph links to will have been rebuilt, which can cause problems).
>
> Hmm, I do see this in ceph.spec:
>
> BuildRequires:  boost-devel
> BuildRequires:  boost-random
>
> But the repoquery doesn't say it needs them.

Up to now it hasn't.

I've been waiting to get boost > 1.71 so that it can be built with the
system boost instead of its bundled copy.

If the side tag build is going to be going on for a while then I'm going to
rebuild it for f33 with boost-1.69, and/but I will also build it again with
higher NVR for f33-boost.

--

Kaleb