Le 04/06/2020 à 19:42, Carl George a écrit :
> I think it would be a better idea to move mod_php (the software) to a
> literal mod_php subpackage that is marked as deprecated [0].

Sorry, but I won't do that.
Never.

We are focusing since ever to provide proper configuration
working out of the box.

Since always (before Fedora Core 1)

"php" means the language (with is most used SAPI)

* httpd + php works out of the box

For a long time (around F 20)

* httpd + php-fpm works out of the box
* nginx + php-fpm works out of the box

Since F 27, FPM is the default configuration
Most people don't even noticed the change

So I WON'T provide a broken configuration
as "httpd + mod_php" will NOT work.

The change is about dropping mod_php, so, sorry,
but this discussion about package name is out of topic.

Regars,
Remi

P.S. I also think changing well known package layout
for a "few" versions doesn't make any sense, will
only add a bit more confusion for users.