> On 05.06.2020 12:50, Igor Raits wrote:
> > It does not work in some cases even today anyway.
>
> Okay, then the second point - zram will will cause a huge memory
> fragmentation and significantly decrease overall performance.

Have you got proof of that and can provide figures? Having been
running it on Arm and IoT by default for a few releases now it
certainly doesn't cause fragmentation, it's allocated early in the
boot process so it's one single block. I also run zram on my laptop
and it's generally faster as when it has to hit swap that's backed by
RAM and is an order of magnitude faster, even with dealing with
compression, than hitting my NVME SSD.